Any Document, Anywhere, Anytime.
Most companies today seek web based document management solutions. This does not automatically mean a hosted or cloud-based system, although that is always an option with Scanfree. Web based document management solutions can also be implemented on-premises. The web interface is the mechanism for users to access the data, but all systems and data storage can be managed internally.
Scanfree can get you there with no capital costs, no internal software requirements and a short discovery launch time-frame.
Scanfree offers cloud or hosted document management, in the form of ImageSilo, the world’s leading web based document management solution. For as little as £35 per month, your entire company can use this powerful application, and grow your system over time. 1 user or 100, ImageSilo can serve as your web based document management and grow with your company. Try it out today by contacting Scanfree for a free trial.
Integrate Web Based Document Management – Static or Dynamic
Another advantage of a web based document management solution is the ability to easily integrate URL shortcuts to any document in the system, or to any screen in the system. You can also dynamically generate URL’s from third-party applications, linking documents on-the-fly, with no permalinks or fixed URL’s required.
There are a number of items to consider when evaluating web based document management. In fact, just under the heading “Architecture”, there are a list of items you should consider. Firstly, are the items relevant or critical in your organisation? Secondly, does the software being evaluated meet the requirement? Here are a few items to think about:
- Web Architecture: Not all web based software is built alike. Just because a system can present a web page interface does not mean it can also scale out to a public-facing site that requires a high degree of availability. Can the system support multiple web servers? If not, you’re essentially building a client/server solution with a web interface. Even if you don’t roll out your web based document management system to the public today, it’s important to know whether your systems can meet the challenge.
- Load Balancing: If the system can be spread across more than one web and/or application server, how well does it play with load balancing technologies, to distribute your workloads evenly, and ensure performance does not suffer as the system grows.
- Web Services: How do your servers communicate with other servers, or with client machines? Web services makes it easier to standardise. Making APIs available over web services makes integration projects powerful, functional.
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA): How do your application servers communicate with other application servers when performing shared tasks? A well-designed system will take a services oriented approach, making sure components function as designed without any overstep.
- File Replication: The ability to perform file replication on data in the system. File replication allows all changes to the document files and full text databases to be replicated to another server or site for high availability applications. Can you replicate data to as many separate locations as necessary? Regardless of third-party storage solutions you may have in place, this powerful function is perfect for backup and redundancy.
- Support for SSL and Non-Standard Ports: SSL enables full encryption of traffic (including documents) between client applications and servers. Non-standard ports allow administrators to host multiple web sites at a single IP address. Administrators can also obscure communication between segments (i.e. between the web server and the application server).
Of course there are many other technical and architecture factors, of varying degrees of importance. But a well-designed architecture is a key factor for any web based document management installation.
Better architecture does not always mean a higher price
And do not fail to overlook Licensing requirements as well. Applications may hit all the marks on the above shortlist of items – but may also you charge for various server licenses. And each time you add a server, are you also required to buy a license? In an age of justifying TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), these are critical factors in any purchase decision.
Scanfree provides a host of web based document management solutions and supporting services:
- Document Management Consulting and Discovery, independent development of tenders and Requests for Proposal (RFP);
- Development of Workflow and E-Forms Processes;
- Office Automation and integration with Multi Function Devices and peripherals;
- Integration to existing websites and portals;
- Outsourced back-file conversion and scanning services;
- Mailroom processing;
- Data Extraction services;
- and more.
And don’t forget to Contact Us now.Read more...
Align your processes to meet your requirements
Scanfree can help your company improve your internal processes by implementing affordable document management and workflow routines that save you money, now, while providing improved service for your clients.
Scanfree works directly with end-users in various fields, as well as being an integration, implementation and discovery partner for VARs and integrators in the USA and the UK. Our ability to work across these major markets means that our partners count on us to deliver the solutions they may not be able to deliver on their own.
Scanfree will work with you in whatever role you desire. Scanfree can take the lead on project management and resource acquisition and organisation. Or we can act as a contributor on a larger project, and work with your team leads to ensure the document management and workflow delivery is 100% on target.
In end-user environments Scanfree can work across various departments and teams to analyse and thoroughly document business processes, dependencies and exceptions in almost any situation. Scanfree can use BPMN (see this Wikipedia article to learn more) or work with your personnel using internal systems and documentation methods.
We also develop online e-forms. or electronic forms, that can be routed internally, integrated with third-party business applications, and can launch other dependent or independent e-forms and workflow processes.
Scanfree specializes in document management and content management technologies, sophisticated document and data capture routines, workflow and business process management, PDF enhancements and data extraction, and improved search and retrieval for the enterprise.
And don’t forget to Contact Us now.Read more...
Scanfree develops another PaperVision Capture custom code module.
This time we’ve given PaperVision Capture operators the ability to selectively export documents from within the PaperVision Capture Operator Console directly. Previously you would need to build a workstep into your workflow and write special code to analyse metadata and select documents for export. Now, without having to resort to the Capture workflow to perform the task, an operator can pick a subset of documents and write them out on the spot.
Scanfree’s ongoing partnerships continue to bear fruit
The requirement came from one of our clients, a scanning bureau who are PaperVision Capture end-users. They had a requirement to release requested documents immediately. Their client already had a 24 turnaround but often needed documents within hours of submission. Scanfree’s custom code solution lets a PaperVision Capture Operator perform an in-batch operation to write those documents out in a snap.
For example, if a client is having ongoing work done at a scanning service bureau, they may occasionally need access to records before the scanning bureau has completed their image processing, OCR or manual indexing tasks. The service bureau needs to deliver those documents at the client’s request – and fast.
Thanks to this recent Scanfree development, a PaperVision Capture console can call the custom code function on the spot. The user then selects records from a grid. This grid mimics the PaperVision Capture Browse Batch function, so it’s very intuitive for Capture operators. Operators select the items to be released and click the Export button – documents are written to a pre-defined network location in the format defined within the custom code, and can include index values in the file naming conventions.
Use the Functions Button to add more Code to PAperVision Capture
And of course, this custom code works well with the Functions Buttons controls for the Operator Console. Now you can run multiple code functions within a single operator workstep – completely customisable. Add this powerful functionality to existing custom code routines today.
Need to release those documents now? Scanfree and the PaperVision Capture Operator Export Grid can help. Contact Scanfree today to see how we can help.